I experienced my very first Friendsgiving this weekend and it was lovely! Friendsgiving is just like Thanksgiving but only celebrated with friends, not family. When I was in college, I used to be the type of person who avoided the idea of friendships because it was burdensome. At the time, I would tell myself, “My life is hectic enough. I don’t need more problems in my life. I don’t know how to be a good friend.” Yeah- I know, I was a mess. Fast forward to today, I still don’t know how to be a good friend (haha), but I am really grateful to those who still welcomes me to gatherings! I spent my Friendsgiving with some of the most awesome people this year and I couldn’t ask for a better experience. Although I no longer work with them, and the fact that I still came across their mind, I am thankful!
Now let’s talk about why Friendsgiving is so awesome.
- Your dish may be a struggle to make BUT the company is great.
- There are no real table, but you’re happy to sit in the chairs and sofas. It’s the quality of the people in the chairs that matters, not the other way around.
- There are no real food utensils, just fancy looking plastic ones. LOL
- There are no small talk, just real talk.
- There are no awkward silences, just many laughs.
- SELFIES with SELFIE STICK.
- Making more plans after we stuff ourselves with turkey LOL.
At the Fanueil Hall Tree Lighting Spectacular!!!
Okay, we need to give the Turkey some love.
Celebrate Friendsgiving! xoxo ♥