I love avocados. I love ice-cream. I also love FoMu’s creamy vegan avocado ice-cream but your girl needs to save money so I decided to make my own homemade vegan avocado ice-cream. It’s such an easy, creamy, and delicious DIY treat!
All you will need are:
- 2 ripe AVOCADOS
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 can of unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 3 tbsp of Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 pitted dates (optional)
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight.
- Blend avocados, lemon juice, maple syrup, and dates all together.
- Take the can of coconut milk out of the fridge, turn it upside down, and open.
- Transfer the hardened milk into the blender.
- Blend everything together.
- Transfer to a glass container.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Scoop, decorate, and enjoy!
Avocados are incredibly nutritious. It contains more potassium than bananas- high potassium intake is linked to reduce blood pressure, strokes, and kidney failures. Avocados are loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids which is healthy for the heart! Avocado also contains large amount of fiber. Lastly, you probably already know but eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Definitely try to incorporate avocados into your diet but remember, balance is key!
Eat the good kind of fat! <3